Ok, for the Expert Alchemy Quest (to get past skill level 399) you have to make a Worthy Noble Durable Proof Tome (WNDPT.) Simple enough, right?
Start with the Durable Proof Tome and hope it procs to a Noble Durable Proof Tome.
Then take the Noble book and plug it into the recipe to make a Worthy Durable Proof Tome. Then you hope that procs into the desired Worthy Noble Durable Proof Tome.
Every now and then (ok, it’s rare) you’ll see a WNDPT offered in trade or on the broker. The one I saw was 15 million. Right now, if I had the 15 mil, I think i’d buy it! You’ll save hours of time, a fair amount of frustration, and it’ll probably costs about that much anyway, unless you’re lucky. As of this writing, I’ve made 15 tries. I’ve had 7 procs into the Worthy book, but no nobles. Last try for now… IT PROCCED!!! 15 tries, 1 proc into the WNDPT. Cost: Lots of cash and time.
Once you have the WNDPT:
- Hand in the quest to the alchemist. She gives you a letter of recommendation to see the …
- Governor. He awards you the title of Expert, gives you a gold hat, and a ticket to get your warehouse expanded.
- Go get your warehouse expanded
- Talk to the Alchemist and get your promotion to 400 skill.
Here’s a table to calculate the materials needed for this quest.
For the Durable Proof Tome, from which you want a noble proc.
- Make 29 Major Magic Power Crystal
- Buy or gather 116 Major Elemental Stone to make 580 Major Elemental Water
- Buy 29 major catalyst
- Make 36 Major Wisdom Stone
- Buy or gather 72 Major Elemental Stone to make 144 Major Elemental Stone Powder
- Buy 36 Major Catalyst
- (That’s 188 Major Elemental Stone and 65 Major Catalyst for each attempt)
- Buy or gather 6 Premium Weapon Flux
- Buy or gather 78 Aether
Costs (which will vary:)
- 65 major cat. at ~5k each: 325K kinah
- 6 premium Weap0n Flux at 15k each (if you’re lucky:) 90K kinah
- 79 Aether at 1,700 each: 134,000 kinah
- 188 Major Elemental Stone at 1,500 each (if you’re lucky:) 282,000 kinah
- 831,000 kinah per attempt. Sell back white books for ~435K, so…
- each attempt costs roughly 400,000 kinah.
For each Worthy book, which you want to proc into the desired Worthy Noble Durable Proof Tome, you need:
- 1 Noble Durable Proof Tome
- Buy or gather 6 Worthy Premium Weapon Flux
- Buy or gather 17 Greater Aether
- Buy or gather 26 Greater Mithril Ore
Costs (which will vary:)
- NDPT = some multiple of 400K kinah
- 6 flux @ 120K each, 720,000 kinah
- 17 Greater Aether @ 5K each, 85,000 kinah
- 26 Greater Mithril Ore @ 6K each, 156,000 kinah
- 1,361,000 minimum to complete the quest if you buy everything. Less money and a lot more time if you gather stuff.
- 15 books at 400k each = 6 million
- 8 procs trying for the final book = about 7.6 million
- So roughly 13.5 to 14 mill to complete this quest, buy buying all the parts (and I did.)
Yeah, if I was to do it over again I might wait for the finished book to pop up and then spend the 15 mil on it… If I had the 15 mil.
Sold a lot of potions to pay for this quest (Alchemy is a good money maker.)
This book has a ton of kinah gathering tips:alchemy