Archive for the ‘alchemy’ tag
Ok, for the Expert Alchemy Quest (to get past skill level 399) you have to make a Worthy Noble Durable Proof Tome (WNDPT.) Simple enough, right?
Start with the Durable Proof Tome and hope it procs to a Noble Durable Proof Tome.
Then take the Noble book and plug it into the recipe to make a Worthy Durable Proof Tome. Then you hope that procs into the desired Worthy Noble Durable Proof Tome.
Every now and then (ok, it’s rare) you’ll see a WNDPT offered in trade or on the broker. The one I saw was 15 million. Right now, if I had the 15 mil, I think i’d buy it! You’ll save hours of time, a fair amount of frustration, and it’ll probably costs about that much anyway, unless you’re lucky. As of this writing, I’ve made 15 tries. I’ve had 7 procs into the Worthy book, but no nobles. Last try for now… IT PROCCED!!! 15 tries, 1 proc into the WNDPT. Cost: Lots of cash and time.
Once you have the WNDPT:
- Hand in the quest to the alchemist. She gives you a letter of recommendation to see the …
- Governor. He awards you the title of Expert, gives you a gold hat, and a ticket to get your warehouse expanded.
- Go get your warehouse expanded
- Talk to the Alchemist and get your promotion to 400 skill.
Here’s a table to calculate the materials needed for this quest.
For the Durable Proof Tome, from which you want a noble proc.
- Make 29 Major Magic Power Crystal
- Buy or gather 116 Major Elemental Stone to make 580 Major Elemental Water
- Buy 29 major catalyst
- Make 36 Major Wisdom Stone
- Buy or gather 72 Major Elemental Stone to make 144 Major Elemental Stone Powder
- Buy 36 Major Catalyst
- (That’s 188 Major Elemental Stone and 65 Major Catalyst for each attempt)
- Buy or gather 6 Premium Weapon Flux
- Buy or gather 78 Aether
Costs (which will vary:)
- 65 major cat. at ~5k each: 325K kinah
- 6 premium Weap0n Flux at 15k each (if you’re lucky:) 90K kinah
- 79 Aether at 1,700 each: 134,000 kinah
- 188 Major Elemental Stone at 1,500 each (if you’re lucky:) 282,000 kinah
- 831,000 kinah per attempt. Sell back white books for ~435K, so…
- each attempt costs roughly 400,000 kinah.
For each Worthy book, which you want to proc into the desired Worthy Noble Durable Proof Tome, you need:
- 1 Noble Durable Proof Tome
- Buy or gather 6 Worthy Premium Weapon Flux
- Buy or gather 17 Greater Aether
- Buy or gather 26 Greater Mithril Ore
Costs (which will vary:)
- NDPT = some multiple of 400K kinah
- 6 flux @ 120K each, 720,000 kinah
- 17 Greater Aether @ 5K each, 85,000 kinah
- 26 Greater Mithril Ore @ 6K each, 156,000 kinah
- 1,361,000 minimum to complete the quest if you buy everything. Less money and a lot more time if you gather stuff.
- 15 books at 400k each = 6 million
- 8 procs trying for the final book = about 7.6 million
- So roughly 13.5 to 14 mill to complete this quest, buy buying all the parts (and I did.)
Yeah, if I was to do it over again I might wait for the finished book to pop up and then spend the 15 mil on it… If I had the 15 mil.
Sold a lot of potions to pay for this quest (Alchemy is a good money maker.)
This book has a ton of kinah gathering tips:alchemy
I just found out that to get the quest for your second expert skill you have to complete the first quest and then raise your skill in that profession to 449. Only then will the second quest become available.
If you accept the expert quest for the first skill, (Alchemy, for example) then you have to complete it. You cannot abandon it and then pick up the other quest.
So my Assassin has the 399 Alchemy and accepted the quest for expert in that skill, but did not complete it. I then raised her weaponsmithing skill to 399 and was able to do part one of the quest, but the main part never became available. After much googling (and forum reading) it became clear that I had to finish up that first quest, first.
I did try abandoning the alchemy quest, but the weaponsmithing quest did not become available. Apparently this is working as intended. NC says that it’s meant to be tough.
It seems to me that it would be easy for NC to insert a bit of dialog here. Just have the Master crafter tell you that you have to complete the other quest first, that you can’t abandon it, and that you need to raise that skill before you can accept the new expert quest.
Ok, back to the grind.Tags: alchemy, expert skill